Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been around for ages, and widely known as a healthy tonic straight from nature. Of the many benefits, here are a just a few of the most well-known and documented that ACV has to offer:
– Helps maintain a healthy alkaline pH balance in your body
– Strengthens your immune system and gut lining
– Improves insulin sensitivity, which helps balance your blood sugar
– Detoxifies the liver
– Energizes the body
– Aids with fat loss
Bragg’s offers one of the best and most affordable options of apple cider vinegar (it even has “the mother”, an enzyme and nutrient-packed pulp that floats at the bottom of the glass, usually strained out by other brands). And as far as the taste goes, ACV is definitely tart. While you can mix it with just plain cold water, some people find this a bit hard to stomach. Fortunately, there are plenty of ingredients you can incorporate with your morning dose of ACV to create a quick and delicious morning beverage, perfect for getting your day going.
You May Also Like: 3 Tips When Eating for Increased Performance
3 Energizing Apple Cider Vinegar Breakfast Cocktails
1) Apple Cider and Raw Honey Tonic
The combo of ACV plus honey delivers an exceptional dose of vitamins, enzymes, minerals, plus makes the flavor more palatable for most people.
Here’s what you need to make your own:
– 16 fluid ounces of water (or sparkling water for some fizz and fun)
– 2-3 tablespoons of ACV
– 1/4 teaspoon of honey
Mix well until the honey is dissolved. Pour over ice and start your day.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar Tea
Cold morning getting you down? Skip the caffeine-loaded coffee and wake up to this warm treat instead:
– 12 fluid ounces of hot water
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (freshly squeezed is preferable)
– 2 tablespoons of ACV
– 1 tablespoon of raw honey
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Mix, let cool and sip away. You get all the greats of the ACV, plus the vitamin C in the lemon juice and antioxidants from the cinnamon, all in a warm mug of awesome.
3) Green Smoothie with Apple Cider Vinegar
Consuming veggies and fruits in the morning is a great way to jumpstart your health and wake you up. Blending this smoothie together is a great way to get your daily dose of ACV without having to struggle with the tarty taste:
– 16 fluid ounces of water (or as needed for the right consistency)
– 1/2 of a medium green apple, chopped
– 1/2 of a medium ripe pear, chopped
– 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 an avocado
– 3/4 cups of kale, chopped
– the juice of half a lemon
– 2 tablespoons of ACV
Chuck in a blender and whir your way to a healthy morning. Feel free to add some collagen powder or your favorite whey protein, too.
Go ahead: toast your day with an ACV drink. Your body will thank you for it!