It’s important to honor and celebrate Black voices and art, not just for Black History Month, but all months. At Healthworks Group, we remain committed to anti-racism, education and inclusivity at all of our clubs.
Here are some books and movies our team has compiled that we recommend everyone read and watch… and we’re doing the same. Learning is power and we all need to do our part!
- Between the World and Me
- Get Out
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Paris is Burning
- Sorry to Bother You
- The Color of Water
- The New Jim Crow
- The Revolution Has Come
- The Trouble with White Women
- The Vanishing Half
Prefer a podcast, lecture, article or series? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered here as well.
- New York Times – Nice White Parents
- Nigger: The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word
- NPR – ‘There Is No Neutral’: ‘Nice White People’ Can Still Be Complicit In A Racist Society
- NPR Code Switch – ‘Payback’s A B****’
- NPR Code Switch – The Complicated Role Of Black Leaders In Shaping The Criminal Justice System
- NPR Code Switch – The Kids Are All Right
- NPR Code Switch – Why The Coronavirus Is Hitting Black Communities Hardest
- TEDxHampshireCollege – How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race
- The Atlantic – The Case for Reparations
- Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man