Our Strong Women Deadlift Competition is back and we’re so ready for you! Join us at Healthworks Back Bay on Saturday, June 4 from 8am – 12pm (rough end time) to show your strength and compete against fellow members and staff.
While the event happens in June, training starts NOW! Register by May 1 and receive our 10-week programming designed by National Powerlifting Champion Megan Scanlon to prepare you for the big competition.
Your registration also includes a competition t-shirt and swag bag at the event, plus access to complimentary in-club deadlift workshops this spring.
Space is limited to 40 participants (and no men, sorry fellas!). Our top 3 winners (based on % of total body weight lifted) and one top club winner will all be awarded with trophies and bad*ss bragging rights.
ADDITIONAL EVENT DETAILS:
- Weigh-ins will begin at 7:15am and the competition runs from 8am-12pm
- Open to all fitness levels and all equipment is provided, but we recommend you bring your own chalk, belt or other personal items you like to lift with. Straps are not permitted.
- Minimum lift weight to enter is 55 pounds and everyone competing will be using a 45 pound barbell.
- A warm-up area will be available 30 minutes prior to your lifting time and your lifting time (“heat”) will be determined by your estimated lift weight you provide upon registration.
- In the competition you will have 3 attempts. After each individual attempt you will submit your next attempt weight. The heaviest weight successfully lifted will be recorded.
- Family and friends are welcome to come support as a spectator without the purchase of a ticket.
- If you are unable to attend, please request your refund no later than 7 days prior to the competition (May 28) so we can move someone from the waitlist into your spot.
- Have a Healthworks Group personal trainer? They’ll be sure to help you as you work for your programming and prep for the big day. Want to get started or have any additional questions? Email [email protected].