Juneteenth is a day to celebrate emancipation, freedom, Black history and culture. We know there is still so much work to be done in the fight to end racial injustice, but at Healthworks Group, we continue to push for equality for all. Please join as us as we celebrate and support our incredible Black community far and wide.
Juneteenth events happening near our clubs:
- Cambridge Citywide Juneteenth Events: June 12-20
- A variety of events for the next two weeks that celebrate Black joy and excellence. Key events include a Black Business Fair on 6/18, performances on 6/19 and a parade on 6/20. Learn more
- Town of Brookline Juneteenth Celebration of Freedom: June 19 from 10am-2pm
- A Freedom March will begin at the Florida Ruffin Ridley School (right by Healthworks Coolidge Corner at 345 Harvard Street) at 10am and proceed to the Brookline Avenue Playground at 575 Brookline Avenue. From there, a celebration will be held starting at 11am, featuring free food, entertainment, games, crafts, raffles, and music by DJ Money Greene.
- Nubian Square Embrace Ideas Juneteenth Block Party: June 17 from 3-8pm
- This evening celebration will be a joyful night of dancing, music, community, and delicious food provided by the area’s best BIPOC-owned food trucks will transform Nubian Square into the hottest party in town. Learn more
We also know that anti-racism is more than just joining a party as an ally, and have a collection of resources our team has been reading, watching and listening to this year. Want some suggestions for self-education? Click here
Lastly, there are also so many incredible Black-owned businesses to support on Juneteenth and beyond. Black-owned businesses are disproportionately represented but equally worthy of our consumerism and support! Find our list here