An important update for our Healthworks Cambridge members:
We are expeditiously moving through our Healthworks Cambridge renovation, and are very grateful for your patience and support.
Our team will begin moving equipment on Friday, July 21 in preparation for the start of Fitness Floor renovations which is slated to end in late September. As a result, on July 21, all HWX classes will be cancelled for the day, the Fitness Floor will only be open from 5:30-8am, and the locker room will close at 8:30am. If you have a pre-existing session scheduled at any time during the 21st with your trainer, this session will still take place.
Throughout the day on the 21st, our team will move the strength equipment into the Move Studio and Studio 2. In addition, the cardio equipment will be relocated to a new space on the fitness floor and in Studio 2. These three spaces will be equipped with our most popular equipment to allow general workouts and personal training to continue in the club.
HWX Move Studio classes and Cycle classes will take place at our new pop-up studio at 1957 Massachusetts Avenue, beginning Saturday, July 22. Our team worked tirelessly to find and secure this space, which is a short, two-minute walk from the club.
Important things to know about the 1957 Massachusetts Avenue Pop-Up Studio:
- Please sign up for all classes in ABC as you would for any other class. Capacity is limited to 46 people within the space. To allow us to offer two classes at one time, all classes will be using Sound Off Silent Disco technology. This will allow us to maximize the space and have as many classes as we can throughout the day.
- There are two entrances; one for Cycle and one for Move Studio formats.
- For Cycle classes, please enter the side door on Allen Street, and for all other classes, please enter the main entrance at 1957 Massachusetts Avenue.
- Parking is still available in the Porter Square Shopping Center lot where our club is located. When heading to our pop-up space, please place a parking pass in your windshield to avoid being towed. These passes are available at our front desk.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your class start time as the studio doors will be locked.
- Please do not arrive late for class. Doors will be locked after class begins and there is no guarantee that someone will be able to let you into the space. Your instructor will not be able to let you into the space as this will disturb the flow of class.
- If you need to cancel, please do so 1 hour before class. Our standard cancellation policy is still in effect.
- Please leave extra belongings other than a water bottle and your phone in the Healthworks Cambridge locker room as there is no space for personal belongings.
- There is a water fountain and a restroom available. The restroom should not be used for changing clothes or getting ready for your day.
- We will provide you with workout towels and body wipes.
HWX Pop-Up Studio FAQs
Where is the Pop-Up Studio located? The pop-up studio is located at 1957 Mass Ave, just a block away (2-minute walk), and right next to the Post Office.
Do I need to sign up for classes in the pop-up studio? While you do not have to sign up, we highly recommend it as class capacity is limited. Signing up in advance will guarantee your spot.
Are there restrooms? Yes, there are 2 restrooms that are available to you. Please do not use them for changing or getting ready for your day.
Is there a water fountain? Yes!
Will there be workout towels available? Yes, sweat towels and body wipes will be provided.
Where can I park? Parking is available in the Porter Square Shopping Center. When you are heading to the pop-up space, please be sure to place a parking pass in your windshield to avoid being towed. Passes are available at the front desk.
Are there lockers? To maximize our space, we are providing a limited number of small, open cubbies, and not full-sized lockers. Cell phones, water bottles and a small bag will easily fit in these spots, but please leave large items at the main club.
What will the schedule be for the Pop-Up Studio?There will be some modifications to the schedule to allow enough transition time between classes. Please head to the App or view the schedule here.
Why are there no Mind-Body classes on the schedule? Construction is almost done, and we are hoping our beautiful, new Mind/Body Studio will open in the coming weeks. We are excited to provide you with a limited number of outdoor Mind/Body classes which will take place on the patio right outside of our Healthworks Cambridge main club.
Where do I check in? You will check in at the pop-up studio located at 1957 Mass. Ave (a 2-minute walk from our club). Main formats will check in at the front door. Cycle formats will check-in at the side door. To access the side door entrance, just walk to the end of the street and take a right down Allen St. It will be the first door on the right and there will be signage.
What types of classes will take place in the Pop-Up Studio? We will host all our Cycle classes and Main Format (Studio 1) classes.
Is there a team member there to answer my questions? Yes, both the instructor and a front desk team member will be in the pop-up space during HWX classes.
Will we still be offering digital studio? Absolutely. While we will no longer be live-streaming classes effective 7/21, we will provide a “Best of Classes” collection on our Digital Studio in addition to our huge suite of on-demand offerings. There will be no new content until September. We do intend to start live-streaming Mind/Body classes in early-August. You can find our digital class schedule by location here.
Why are you using Silent Disco headsets? Silent Disco headsets will allow us to have a high-quality audio experience while running two classes simultaneously in the pop-up space. Headsets will be provided for all members! Sound Off™ Silent Disco (Compilation). Between each class, we ask that each participant wipe down their headset with an equipment wipe.
Can I work out here when there are no classes going on? We will provide our members with workouts space in the club during our normal operation hours in studio 1 and 2. The pop-up studio is for classes only and will not be available for general member workouts.
Can I take classes at another Healthworks club without paying an access fee? Yes, during renovation you have access to all HW locations.
For more renovation news and updates, please click here.