Payments are due for all members on the first day of their billing cycle. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and checking/savings account debit. Automatic billing returns and returned checks will have a $20 handling assessment added to the monthly account balance.
We understand that there may be times when you cannot make use of the club for medical or personal reasons, and therefore offer members the opportunity to freeze their membership for up to 6 months on membership billed monthly or 26 weeks on memberships billed bi-weekly for medical reasons and 3 months on membership billed monthly or 12 weeks on memberships billed bi-weekly for personal reasons in a calendar year. All freeze requests must be made 5 days prior to your bill date the member wishes to start an account freeze. Freezes cannot be retroactive unless certain medical conditions apply and written notification regarding the need for a freeze is received from a medical professional. A monthly fee of $30 for membership billed montly and $15 for membership billed bi-weekly will apply to all freezes. Please visit the club to initiate the membership freeze process. If you feel you are not getting the benefits from your membership that you hoped, we recommend talking with a member of our membership or fitness teams who can provide the motivation, support and expertise you need to get you back into an exercise routine. They will work with you to develop a fitness program that meets your specific needs by developing a work-out plan that keeps you exercising and gets you the results you want, reviewing our group fitness schedule with you, scheduling you for one of our free complimentary equipment orientations to learn how to better use the equipment, or setting you up to meet with a personal trainer who can work with you one-on-one or in a small group. Should you wish to cancel your membership, we advise reviewing your membership contract for cancellation terms or speaking directly to a Membership Advisor about any questions you may have. If you have a membership obligation, you can forego early cancellation fees by transferring your membership to a non-member. Cancellation of any membership contract must be conducted in person at the club or with certified written notification unless extenuating circumstances exist. Questions about cancellations can be answered by a Membership Advisor or the General Manager.
IDENTIFICATION AND CHECK IN
For the safety and security of our members and their belongings, all members and guests must show their membership card to gain access to the club. If a Healthworks ID card has been lost or stolen, we would be happy to replace it. We can also check you into the club with a photo ID.
Cameras with recording capabilities and facial recognition may be in use at our facilities.
Your safety is our priority. Our trainers are professional fitness providers and are not qualified to give medical advice for any reason. Thus, we require that you seek outside advice from qualified medical authorities and obtain clearance from your physician prior to beginning any exercise program. As a member, it is your responsibility to seek the proper medical attention should you develop an injury or if your medical condition changes, and to inform the Center of any change in your health or medical status. Healthworks reserves the right to restrict usage of facilities or require additional written medical approval to exercise from your physician if we believe that a member or guest may be in danger from excessive exercise or may not be adequately supporting their fitness routine nutritionally.
EXPECTING AND POSTNATAL MOTHERS
It is recommended that all expecting mothers consult with a medical professional before exercising. Expecting mothers may take a maternity freeze to suspend their membership for up to six months if necessary. If you are pregnant or have recently given birth, you are welcome to attend any prenatal or Mommy and Me classes and workshops at any Healthworks at any time regardless of your home club or contracted access hours at no charge.
ANNUAL FACILITIES ENHANCEMENT FEE
Membership billed bi-weekly have an Annual Facilities Enhancement Fee of $99.99 will be collected electronically three (3) weeks after membership begins and annually on that date. Members who elect, to pay their dues via ACH transfer from their bank account at least one (1) week before this fee is due will receive a credit of $30 to offset some of this fee. The Center hereby reserves the right to change this fee or credit.
COMPLIMENTARY INTRODUCTORY SESSIONS
We want to make sure you get off to a strong start and experience all that Healthworks has to offer. Most of our new members depending on the membership package chosen, receive two introductory sessions with a personal trainer and a complimentary teamTRAINING session. The sessions with a trainer are designed to provide you with a safe and effective workout based on your goals and fitness level. These introductory sessions expire within 90 days of joining.
CARDIOVASCULAR AND STRENGTH TRAINING EQUIPMENT
If you would like to become more acquainted with any of our machines and learn how to better use the fitness equipment, we hope you will take advantage of the many complimentary equipment orientations we offer. You can schedule yourself for a complimentary orientation through our on-line reservation system, or ask one of our staff to do it for you. If you have any questions about these sessions, ask a member of our Membership, Fitness or Front Desk teams. Bring your own headphones and enjoy our cardio-theater. We ask members to be aware of their fellow members when using the strength training circuit equipment. If you are doing multiple sets on any one machine, between sets please allow others who are engaged in the circuit and /or doing only one set to use the machine. To maintain a healthy environment for all members, please disinfect any equipment after using it with the sanitary wipes that are available in multiple locations on the fitness floor. We also recommend washing your hands thoroughly before and after working out. Healthworks is required by our Fitness equipment venders to enforce their guidelines for the acceptable use of the equipment we purchase from them. Please let a staff member know if you have any questions about these policies or guidelines.
GROUP FITNESS CLASS SCHEDULE AND TICKETING
Our clubs offer a comprehensive and diverse group fitness program with more than 100 classes per week. The Group Fitness program allows members to diversify their workouts, gain strength, flexibility and cardio health and have fun all at the same time. No matter what your goals, there is a class for you! Group Fitness classes happen every day and include cardio, strength training, cycling, boxing, yoga, pilates, barre, and Zumba. The weekly Group Fitness schedule changes seasonally in accordance with previous member participation, instructor availability and member feedback. New schedules are posted in the club at least seven days in advance of any changes for member comment. Please make every effort to join Group Fitness classes on time and remain until the end of the cool down to avoid personal injury and disruption to your fellow members. During peak times and for more popular Group Fitness classes, a ticketing system is used to allow diverse access to classes. Ticketed classes are indicated with a small “T” on the class schedules , the Group Fitness boards posted in each club and with a signup button on our web site. Half of the spaces for Ticketed Classes are available for online reservation 30 hours before the scheduled class – the other half of the tickets are available on a first-come first-serve basis at the Front Desk one hour prior to the class’s start time. All reserved tickets must be picked up at least five minutes prior to the scheduled start time or they will be released to the members on the wait list. The Front Desk Associates are not permitted to hold tickets for members who may have been unable to reserve a space or who may be running late.
PERSONAL & TEAMTRAINING
Whatever your goal, Healthworks personal trainers can help you every step of the way. Our experienced trainers are caring and committed to focusing on your unique needs so that reaching your goals is enjoyable and empowering. Personal training is right for you if you need motivation, want to work harder than you would on your own, need a professional jump start, have reached a plateau in your fitness level, want to lose weight, desire more diversity in your exercise routine, have a specific goal to reach, or are recovering from injury or have a health condition.
You can work with a trainer one-on-one, in pairs or with a small group. Personal Training sessions are either 55 minutes or 30 minutes in length. teamTRAINING has a maximum of 8 participants and comes in a variety of options including bootcamps, BURN, TRX Suspension System and HWX. Our Drop10 program helps members lose those last few pounds or supports them in a longer weight loss journey. Personal and teamTRAINING can be purchased as individual sessions, in multi-session packages, or through our auto-renew program. Personal and Small Group Training sessions are available only to the purchaser, have established expiration dates and are not refundable unless a medical condition arises in which they cannot exercise. Should your package expire with any remaining unused sessions, please contact your club’s Fitness Director to explore your options toward a future purchase. All services must be purchased in advance. Package sessions can only be used at the location they are purchased at. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you change or cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged for the appointment. In return, if a trainer cancels an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, the trainer must reschedule at another time and offer you a free session. In the event an appointment needs to be changed or cancelled within 24 hours, please notify your trainer directly via phone or email. Should you arrive late for a session, the trainer will provide as much of the session as possible within the scheduled appointment window. If you are more than 15 minutes late, the trainer may leave the premises.
Please note, we offer two types of teamTraining packages. The first is what we call a season; these are progressive in nature, you will commit to a day and time, and lasts eight weeks. We also offer single sessions which are more flexible, and you reserve a spot at your convenience through our member portal. If you purchase a progressive package, you can make up two sessions, either during the make-up week at the end or within the season using a singles session of a different day or time. If you think you are going to miss more than two sessions, we recommend buying a package of singles sessions instead. Members can change trainers at any time for any reason. For a smooth transition, we encourage members to speak to their club’s Fitness Director. Healthworks employees are the only trainers allowed to train members within the club.
To provide a comprehensive wellness environment, Healthworks offers massage therapy to members and guests over the age of 18. Massage sessions are available in 25, 50 and 80 minute increments with individual sessions and packages available. Therapy sessions are available only to the purchaser, have established expiration dates and are not refundable. If you have an appointment for a massage, please check in at the Front Desk at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of your session. Upon checking in, you’ll receive a towel and robe. All services must be purchased in advance online through our online registration system or at our Front Desk. Services must be used at the location they are purchased at. If you need to change or cancel an appointment, you can do so by calling the club and speaking with a Front Desk team member. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you change or cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged for the appointment. If a therapist you booked your appointment with becomes unavailable due to sickness or emergency, we do our best to reschedule your session with another therapist at the same time. Should you arrive late for a session, the therapist will provide as much of the session as possible within the scheduled appointment window.
We hope you’ll share all that Healthworks has to offer with your friends, colleagues and family members. We want to make it easy for you to introduce others to our classes, services and facilities, so as a new member you’ll receive complimentary one-day guest passes to share with those that may be interested in trying or joining the club. In addition, there are times throughout the year when we hold special events in which you can share Healthworks with first time guests for free. If you would like to bring a guest at other times, the fee is $15 per day if they are with a member or $30 per day if they are alone which includes access to the locker room and amenities, the fitness floor and all group fitness classes. For safety reasons, guests must be a minimum of 18 years old. All guests are required to review and sign a Guest Agreement before being permitted to use the facilities. We suggest that guests who may be interested in joining the club make an appointment with a Membership Advisor in advance of their arrival so that they can receive a complimentary guest pass as well as an orientation to the club and learn firsthand how Healthworks can support them in their specific fitness journey. If you are a member of one Healthworks location and wish to visit another location, you may do so for a nominal fee of $10.
Healthworks reserves the right to revoke a Member’s membership for any violation of the provisions set forth in the Membership Agreement, or for cause if the Member fails to keep and obey any of such Rules or Regulations. Healthworks reserves the right to modify policies, rules and regulations of the Center at any time, and in its sole discretion.
Celebrate a special occasion like a bachelorette Party, birthday, bridal shower or just a night out with the girls or raise money for a worthy cause with a Healthworks Special Event. Choose from any of our group fitness classes or small group training options, reserve your date and time, and invite your friends to join you in a memorable celebration or fundraiser that they won’t forget. For more information, speak to the General Manager or Membership Director in your club.
Healthworks locations will either modify hours or close on some holidays including but not limited to New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Signage will be posted in the club as well as on the Healthworks website detailing any changes to our hours. Healthworks may also close the clubs for staff events, trainers and holiday parties. Signage will be posted in the club as well as on the Healthworks website detailing any changes to our hours.
Every possible effort will be made to keep the clubs open during normal operating hours in the event of poor weather conditions. Should modifications need to be made to our hours, notification will be posted on our website at www.healthworksfitness.com. Please keep in mind that on occasion inclement weather causes power outages and updating our website may not be possible. Therefore, please call the club prior to venturing out to a club during a bad storm to verify that it is open or the class you want to take is indeed happening.
Healthworks regularly updates and improves our facilities. Wherever possible, these renovations and upgrades will be scheduled for when the club is closed but there may be times where some or the entire club may have to be closed. Signage will be posted in the club as well as on the Healthworks website detailing any changes to our hours.
WHIRLPOOL, STEAM ROOM AND SAUNA
Each Healthworks location offers a steam room and sauna and most offer a whirlpool for the enjoyment of our members. Swimsuits are required in Back Bay. Towels are provided to each member for use within Healthworks facilities. We recommend that you abstain from using these amenities if you may be pregnant, are nursing, or have high blood pressure, open cuts or sores. It is strongly recommended that you consult a physician prior to using these amenities if you have a medical condition or are taking medications. Please review the posted guidelines before using any wet area facilities which include showering with soap and water and tying up long hair before entering the whirlpool. Hair coloring, soaps, oils, masques or glass bottles are not allowed in the wet area. Shaving is permitted in the showers only.
It is recommended that all personal belongings remain with your or locked in one of the lockers provided for day use. Day locker keys should be kept on your person at all times while in the club. A replacement fee of $25 is assessed for any lost day locker key. For your convenience, combination lockers are available to store belongings in the club on an ongoing basis for an additional monthly fee. The monthly locker fee is deducted at the time of your regular membership payment and is available on a month-to-month basis. For more information about locker rental details, ask a member of our Front Desk or Membership teams.
PROPER FOOTWEAR REQUIRED
Closed-toed athletic footwear is required. However, you can choose to remove your shoes in the stretching areas or when participating in a Yoga, Pilates, or Barre Group Fitness class. Please do not wear your spin shoes anywhere outside of the spin studio, as they can be very damaging to wood flooring.
LOST AND DAMAGED ITEMS
Healthworks maintains a Lost and Found at each location. Found items are kept for approximately 14 days. Healthworks is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property, including but not limited to any property left on the premises or in a locker.
CELL PHONES & CAMERA PHONES
For the privacy and safety of all members, use of small electronic devices is not permitted inside the locker room at any time. Talking on a cell phone is only allowed in the front lobby area. Photographic or recording features may not be used anywhere inside the locker room. Photographic or recording features may be used by Healthworks Staff and members in the club in all areas other than the locker room, verbal consent by the person(s) who’s image is begin taken is needed.
Members provide consent and understand that Healthworks will send them periodic text messages regarding updates, billing and promotions. Standard text message rates may apply. Max message per month = 10. Reply HELP at any time for HELP or OPT OUT and discontinue messages at any time be replying STOP.
If you would like to share Healthworks with children, Healthworks offers limited Junior Memberships for children 12 – 15 years old. Full memberships have a minimum age of 16 years old. Parental consent is required for all members under 18 years old. Guests must be 18 years old even if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
We know how important it is for mother’s to get time to exercise, so we offer fee-based child drop-off services for children ages six weeks to twelve years old in each of our clubs for up to two and a half hours per day. Advanced reservations are recommended for all nursery visits to ensure there is space available and can be made through our online reservation system, or by stopping by or calling the Front Desk. Kids Club visits are available for purchase in single visit sessions, multi-visit, and auto-renew packages. There is a one-hour cancellation policy for nursery reservations. For your child’s safety, members and guests may bring only their own children into the nursery and all children must be signed in and out by the same parent or legal guardian, proper photo identification required (e.g. driver’s license). Members and guests must remain present in the club for the entire duration of their child’s stay at our Kids Club. Children cannot be left at the Kids Club without supervision by a Healthworks staff member or in the lobby without parent or guardian supervision, and children are not permitted in the locker room or in the fitness areas unless they are a member or the child is taking part in a group or class and the mother is present. Healthworks provides 30 minutes of complimentary child care if the mother wishes to use the locker room after their class or group that the child takes part in. For the benefit of those in the nursery, sick or contagious children must remain at home. Dry foods and beverages in sippy cups or bottles are permitted. Please label your child’s snacks and drinks with their names! The child care services being offered by the Center are not licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care or any other state agency and parents and guardians remain responsible for the basic care of their children (including, but not limited to diapering, toileting, feeding, and discipline). Parents and guardians must respond immediately to their children’s caretaking needs as they arise. Kids Club reserves the right to restrict or eliminate child-drop off privileges as to any member who fails to comply with these requirements and conditions.
The club’s facilities and services are provided for the enjoyment of its members and may not be utilized to promote special interests or requests without the permission of the management.
1. The promoter is Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women.
2. Contests are only open to residents of Massachusetts, who are 18 years of age or older during time of entry. Employees of Healthworks Fitness Center for Women or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Closing date for entry is specified on each contest at www.facebook.com/healthworksfitness . After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen at random by Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women.
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or announced on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. General: Certain contest and sweepstakes are subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering this contest, entrants expressly acknowledge that these Official Rules have been drafted in the English language, and that any translation prepared for any reason will be of no legal effect and the English version of these Official Rules shall govern any dispute. By participating, contestant releases Heathworks Fitness Center for Women and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injury, death, loss, tax liability or damage of any kind arising from contestant’s participation in this Contest, or resulting from entrant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes and signifies winner’s consent that Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women and/or its agents may use winner’s entry, name, address (city and state only), prize information, and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised, without additional compensation. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. W4. General: Certain contest and sweepstakes are subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering this contest, entrants expressly acknowledge that these Official Rules have been drafted in the English language, and that any translation prepared for any reason will be of no legal effect and the English version of these Official Rules shall govern any dispute. By participating, contestant releases Builders of Hope, Inc. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injury, death, loss, tax liability or damage of any kind arising from contestant’s participation in this Contest, or resulting from entrant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes and signifies winner’s consent that Builders of Hope, Inc. and/or its agents may use winner’s entry, name, address (city and state only), prize information, and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised, without additional compensation. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Builders of Hope, Inc. is not responsible for: (1) late, delayed, incomplete, delayed, destroyed, garbled, or incomplete entries, (2) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry or story information; (3) any human error, technical malfunctions, or lost-delayed data transmission; (4) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software; or (5) inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction. Builders of Hope, Inc. reserves the right to: (i) disqualify from this or any Contest, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has intentionally violated these Official Rules, tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Contest or Website, or any other aspect of this Contest; and (ii) cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the Contest. Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women is not responsible for: (1) late, delayed, incomplete, delayed, destroyed, garbled, or incomplete entries, (2) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry or story information; (3) any human error, technical malfunctions, or lost-delayed data transmission; (4) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software; or (5) inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction. Healthworks Fitness for Women. reserves the right to: (i) disqualify from any Contest, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has intentionally violated these Official Rules, tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Contest or Website, or any other aspect of this Contest; and (ii) cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the Contest.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: 137 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02216
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
MEMBER CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOR
Members are expected to be courteous and respectful to other members, guests and staff at all times. Inappropriate, disrespectful, threatening or offensive behavior, interactions or emails may result in the immediate termination of membership and facilities access.