This protein-packed pancake recipe from My Fitness Pal is a great post-workout meal. Full of carbohydrates and protein to replenish your glycogen stores and to build your muscles after an intense workout, it not only is great for your body but also tastes delicious!
– 1/2 cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 large eggs (50 grams per egg)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup (245 grams) 2% fat Greek yogurt
– 1/3 cup (50 grams) fresh blueberries (for garnish)
1. Add all of your dry ingredients together – flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt – into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients – eggs, vanilla extract, and yogurt – until everything is well mixed.
2. Combine your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, and stir together until fully mixed.
3. Spray your pan or griddle with cooking spray and place on medium to low heat. Use a 1/4 cup to portion out pancakes that are ~4 inches in diameter.
4. Cook the pancakes until the bottom is golden brown (about 3-4 minutes), then flip. You’ll notice these pancakes won’t bubble up like traditional pancakes. Leave extra room in the pan because the pancakes may splatter when you flip them.
5. After flipping the pancake, cook until the other side is brown (about 2-3 minutes). Top pancakes with blueberries and enjoy.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 4 (4” pancakes)
Per serving: Calories: 297; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 196mg; Sodium: 676mg; Carbohydrate: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 20g