This afternoon, the City of Boston announced a 3-week extension of the Phase 2 rollback currently in place and while this wasn’t how we’d hoped to start the New Year, Healthworks Back Bay will continue to remain open for 1-on-1 training and massage appointments only at this time.
We know how important your fitness routine is, as well as self-care, and we aren’t making any additional changes to our current, partial closure at this time.
Operations that will continue uninterrupted:
- On Demand and Live Streaming HWX Virtual Classes, along with Remote Training
- Back Bay member access to all other Healthworks clubs
- 1-on-1 personal training will continue in the club by appointment only
- Massage appointments remain available
We ask that you please continue to support our staff and club at this time, but if you would like to extend your temporary freeze or make any other changes to your membership status, please fill out our freeze request form here as soon as possible.
All of our other Healthworks clubs in Cambridge and Brookline (Chestnut Hill and Coolidge Corner) remain open, with no plans to close. We hope to to reopen Back Bay at the end of the month and please know that we will continue to keep you updated as soon as we learn details on when this will happen.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at [email protected].
——————-[UPDATED 12/15] As many of you heard, the City of Boston announced that they will be rolling back to Phase 2 of the Commonwealth’s reopening plan starting Wednesday, December 16 and running through January 6. This impacts Healthworks Back Bay, Healthworks Community Fitness and Republic Fitness. Our other clubs, including Healthworks Coolidge Corner, Cambridge and Chestnut Hill and GymIt are not impacted.
The public health data is clear that gyms can be operated safely and many jurisdictions, such as New York and Chicago, have allowed them to stay open. We are disappointed that Boston didn’t follow the public health data, but we plan to comply fully with this order.
Based on additional information from the City of Boston, we have revised our plans and will unfortunately not be able to run 1-on-1 group fitness classes as we had originally planned during the partial closure from December 16-January 6. The live classes on the Back Bay schedule will be taking place at our other locations for this time. Operations that will continue uninterrupted include:
- On Demand and Live Streaming HWX Virtual Classes along with Remote Training
- All Healthworks Back Bay members will have unlimited access to our Healthworks clubs in Cambridge, Coolidge Corner and Chestnut Hill. Cambridge and Chestnut Hill have free parking, while Coolidge Corner has ample street parking. If you have any issues enrolling in classes, please know that we have a fix in place and are pivoting as quickly as possible. Please email us if you need help enrolling in a class at a different club
- 1-on-1 personal training will continue in the club by appointment only. Trainers will be in touch with their clients on the logistics. If you are interested in giving training a try, please email [email protected]
- Massage appointments will remain available, with only one service and room offered at a time
This has been a challenging year for our clubs and staff, and given the holidays and lack of government support, we will continue to pay our Back Bay team. If possible, we ask that you please consider continuing to support our local business during this time as well and we look forward to offering you continued access to training and virtual classes. We know gyms are safe and how important fitness and self-care are right now.
Boston is an active city, rich with incredible fitness studios and gyms. If you’d like to further support our local fitness industry, please sign this petition.
If you would like to temporarily freeze your membership for the next 3 weeks or make any other changes to your membership status, please fill out this form by 4pm on Thursday, December 17.
Please note that the changes outlined above are expected to run through January 6 and we will continue to communicate any changes with you as we have them.