Theraguns have arrived at Healthworks and we’re excited to enhance our recovery services with Therabody to help you feel and perform better. Recovery is so often overlooked in a fitness routine, and we’re on a mission to change that! It’s time to reduce the tension and increase the impact of your workouts.
WHAT IS THERAGUN?
Developed by medical experts and backed by science to help you feel and move better, Theragun by Therabody is an award-winning, percussive hand-massager that offers lasting relief with proven benefits on performance, mobility, stress and even sleep with a deep muscle treatment to enhance your recovery, release tension and soothe discomfort.
At Healthworks and Republic Fitness clubs, we’re pleased to be offering complimentary use of both the Theragun PRO and Wave Roller devices. Learn more
LET’S EXAMINE THE BENEFITS
- Increases Circulation: When used after a workout, percussive massage therapy can help temporarily increase blood flow to the muscle. This speeds up recovery by flushing out wastes, like lactate, from damaged tissue while delivering nutrients and oxygen, which reduce inflammation and stimulate tissue regeneration.
- Increases Flexibility: A 2020 study indicates percussive therapy could improve range of motion. They recommended using percussive therapy before a workout to increase flexibility, reducing the risk of injury without sacrificing performance.
- Promotes Myofascial Release: Myofascial release can relieve pain by applying pressure to the fascia, the connective tissue that surrounds every muscle in your body. Research suggests the pressure created by Theragun helps elongate the muscle tissue, making it less tight and painful.
- Improves Lymphatic Flow: Fewer muscle knots and less muscle tightness increase drainage in the lymphatic system, which flushes toxins and waste out of the body. A better lymphatic system is tied to a healthier immune system and improved metabolism.
- Breaks Down Scar Tissue: Massage therapy is known for helping to break down scar tissue by deeply massaging collagen fibers that restrict movement. While most massage guns only have 10 millimeters of amplitude, the Theragun reaches 16 millimeters into the muscle. That’s 60% deeper than similar devices.
- Relieves Stress: Like a traditional massage, you’ll impact the nervous system by lowering stress hormones and increasing “feel good” neurotransmitters, making you feel more productive and focused.
- Leads to Better Sleep: A study by Therabody showed percussive devices could be a powerful sleeping aid. Of the 73 participants who used a Theragun 30 minutes before bed for five weeks, 87% fell asleep faster and 70% reported fewer sleep disruptions.
From using our devices solo before or after your workouts to incorporating them into our other services, there are several ways you can put our newest recovery tools to work:
- Complimentary Access: Use the Theragun or Wave Roller on your own whenever you need it! Our members have complimentary access to the devices at all our clubs.
- STRETCH x Theragun: Assisted stretching meets performance recovery. Our personal trainers guide you through stretches while using a Theragun to improve your range of motion and increase flexibility while decreasing pain, stiffness and tension.
- MASSAGE x Theragun: For an enhanced, deep tissue or specialized massage, our massage therapists offer a Theragun add-on to their treatments to relieve sore muscles, stress and tension while increasing blood flow and range of motion. (not offered at Republic Fitness)
- HWX x Theragun: For a specialized, guided stretch session, enjoy 15 minutes of recovery following select HWX classes. Our instructors will lead you through a series of stretches amplified with Theraguns and foam rollers. Space and tools are limited, so registration is required.